Through membership, individuals and organizations participate in and offer support to the following WECAN activities:
- Educating the public and professionals working with young children regarding the educational philosophy of Rudolf Steiner, through conferences, lectures, seminars, publications and other means of communication
- Supporting the development of Waldorf early childhood centers, kindergartens, pre-schools, home programs, and training centers
- Providing a forum for the exchange of information and experience among those drawing their inspiration from the work of Rudolf Steiner in their work with young children
- Interacting with other educational organizations representing a wide spectrum of ideas about early childhood education
- Encouraging and supporting research regarding Waldorf early childhood education and the development of the young child, and publishing the results of such research
- Active participation in the worldwide Waldorf early childhood movement through WECAN’s membership and activity in the International Association for Steiner/Waldorf Early Childhood Education (IASWECE).
Click on the buttons below for details about each type of membership.
Find A Program
Waldorf kindergartens and early childhood programs in North America: see if there is a program in your area.
Find a program >